APPLY NOW for the upcoming Spring 2018 Cohort
Location: Ambassador Church, 701 S. Sunkist Ave, Anaheim, CA 92806
Dates: Beginning on April 27, 2018, and continuing the last Friday of each month from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm (lunch included).
- Contact Pastor Ray Chang for any questions!
- Schedule: April 27: 9:00am to 1:00pm (lunch included)
- Resources: Access to resources, training manual, and Zoom calls
- Training: Training curriculum provided with Powerpoints
- Coaching: After one has successfully completed the cohort, one of our staff will begin a coaching relationship with the participant. This will ensure continued learning, community and evaluation as the planter implement this in their context.
- Assessment: If one is ready to plant a church, we help facilitate a detailed 360-degree post-cohort assessment for each participant that is desiring to plant (there is a separate cost for assessment).
- Cost for entire cohort: $1,200.00 for 12 months includes monthly training, materials and onsite coaching. (Scholarship is available)
- Registration: REGISTER HERE
Develop the following skills:
- How to exegete a culture
- How to cultivate and cast vision
- How to develop multicultural teams
- How to prospect and gather people to a cause
- How to identify, enlist, develop, and deploy a missional core
- How to communicate effectively in a variety of contexts, e.g., 1-1, small group, large group.
- How to develop and implement a contextual model of church
- How to evangelize a community
- How to develop and implement an assimilation strategy
- How to raise funds
This cohort will be a 12-month program that is based on the following components:
- Create a relational peer network of pastors
- One-on-one coaching and mentoring with an experienced pastor. This leader is skilled in coaching, asking questions, and identifying the qualities and characteristics needed in an effective church planter.
- Attend a 3-day church planting retreat that will help equip them on their journey. During this time they will be able to hear from and interact with other church planting leaders.
- Prepare a profile of each person’s strengths, weaknesses, skills, and giftings
- Meet and learn from other pastors and church planters
- Equip them with books, resources and training
This cohort will be led by Ray Chang, President of Ambassador Network and Senior Pastor of Ambassador Church and Kyung Lee*, Pastor of Multisite Development at Saddleback Church in Lake Forest.
The success of this 12-month program will be measured through the following metrics:
- Church planter is able to competently implement performance expectations after the 12- month training
- Church planter has a healthy running church two years after being launched. Healthy is defined as a consistent number of people who are weekly attending the church location. The church also has a core group of volunteers and elders working alongside the pastor. The health of the church is also determined by the spiritual growth of the members and the outreach and evangelism taking place in the community.
- Church is engaged and addressing the needs of the community in which they reside
- Church planter continues to embody the character traits that caused them to be selected
Detailed Cost Breakdown $1,200
- 12 Books & Resources $240.00
- Exponential Conferences: $100.00
- 12 Lunches: $120.00
- Materials, $50.00
- Bootcamp at Talbot: $165.00
- Intersection Conference: $50.00
- 3 Day Retreat: $275.00
- Funding Raising: $200.00